East Tennessee Development District held its 56th Annual District Celebration Awards Banquet on Tuesday evening, September 26, 2023 at the Hilton Knoxville Airport in Alcoa. The Celebration was attended by over 150 people including state and federal legislative representatives, federal, state and private partners, and ETDD team members.
Each year at the Celebration, the East Tennessee Development District recognizes local governments and other agencies for the completion of projects that have special local or regional significance. At the Celebration, 16 awards were presented to recognize significant projects in the region. Each honoree received an award that commemorates their particular achievement. Projects recognized at the Celebration were:
- Town of Oliver Springs Main Street Replica
- Town of New Tazewell Fire Engine Ladder Truck
- City of Morristown Brownfields Improvements
- City of Alcoa Springbrook Farm Development
- City of Sweetwater Housing Renovations
- City of Rockwood Water, Sewer & Gas Marine Wastewater Lines
- Town of Dandridge Exit 417 Water Tank
- City of Jellico Union Bank Restoration
- Morgan County HPG/HVAC Program
- Cocke County Convenience Center Improvements
- City of Sevierville Exit 407 Gateway to Adventure
- City of Loudon Waterline Replacement
- Scott County Armstrong Property Brownfield Project
- City of Rutledge Nance House Historical Renovations
- Union County Northeast Volunteer Fire Department Fire Engine
- State of Tennessee City of Knoxville & Knox County Baseball/Multi-Purpose Stadium
ETDD extends a special congratulations to all of these communities for their outstanding achievements!
You may click on the link below if you would like to view video presentations of each of these awarded projects.